Event Management and Wedding Planning Course at Level 4
- Course code: EVN03
- Delivery method: Online or Paper
- Course duration: 12 Months
- Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
- Award achieved: Certificate of Achievement by ABC
- Awarding body: ABC
Starting your own business is a brave and exciting decision to make. This course provides a look at the day-to-day reality of running a business and outlines the skills and qualities that you will need.
Event Management and Wedding Planning involves the ability to be creative, communicate effectively and run a business all at the same time. Your success will depend on your ability to search out and take advantage of opportunities but does come with a certain amount of risk attached. We will identify the specific skills that you will need to work in this demanding sector and work with you to develop those skills through the support of our experienced tutors.
- The principal issues around setting up and operating a company. In this section you will learn about the legal aspects of setting up a business and the in-and-outs of financing it.
- The importance of observing Health and Safety requirements. Whilst not the most exciting part of the course, this area is critical to be aware of as ignoring it could land you in heaps of trouble!
- Environmental and ethical issues. These very pertinent issues are part-and-parcel of planning nowadays as more companies and individuals feel the need to play a part in making the planet a better place.
- How to plan for private clients. The first of the sections looking at the requirements of specific client groups.
- The principal logistical issues to be addressed when arranging an event. This is the real nuts-and bolts sections dealing with what you need to do at a basic organising level.
- The main features of large scale event organisation. Large scale events pose their own set of difficulties and challenges, and this section highlights some of these and how they might be dealt with.
- How to plan for corporate clients. Corporate clients will want you to help them plan for their specific company-driven objectives, and this section will give you an idea of how to balance your own vision with that of your corporate client.
- Maintaining coordination on event-day. It’s no good organising an event in detail if you don’t ensure that it rolls out as it’s meant to on the day. The main aspects of co-ordination are brought to the fore here.
- The main aspects of companies’ in-house events. As with Corporate clients, companies will expect you to help them achieve their targets so you will have to immerse yourself in their culture if you want to understand this whilst, of course, maintaining your own standards and individuality.
- The requirements of special events. Whether it’s a VIP visit or an Official Opening, these types of events pose their own challenges.
- The process of selecting an appropriate venue. It’s no good organising an event if the venue is inappropriate! Guidance here as to how this might be avoided.
- The principal features of organising a wedding event. The very personal and specific events around weddings are dealt with in this section.
- The importance and process of marketing a business. Get your business known by taking into account the advice given in this comprehensive section.
- Developing an Event Plan. This is where all you have learnt comes together! Two case studies are provided for you to work through and submit to your tutor for your final assignment.
The Event Planner Pro software will help you to organise your business with campaigns as well as organising multiple client events.
- Easy to use screens, including great online help
- Create unlimited prospects and clients
- A comprehensive suite of reports can be previewed, printed, or exported to PDF files to enable you to e-mail them
- Use the Supplier Directory to maintain a list of suppliers that each of your clients can use and these can easily be copied into your client databases
- Produce a profit and loss figure for one of your clients or your entire business at a click of a button
- Advertising campaigns can be easily monitored to see how cost effective they are
- All your information is stored on your computer and can be password protected for security
- The backup facility makes saving your data simple
- The software will run on Windows XP SP2, Vista and Windows 7
The Event Planner Pro software is split into two sections to enable you to manage your company, and manage your clients. We call these the Company Database and the Client Databases. The Company Database is used to manage your business with finances, diary and the supplier directory. The Client Databases includes facilities to manage all the information regarding your client’s event, for example, details of the venue, guest list, and their list of suppliers. There is no limit to the number of client events you can create and no monthly or additional costs, thereby making our software very cost effective.