Forensic Science Course at Level 3
- Course code: CFP02
- Delivery method: Online
- Course duration: 12 Months
- Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
- Award achieved: Certificate of Achievement by ABC
- Awarding body: ABC
Forensic means “in the service of law”. The term is derived from the Latin word forensis, which means ‘in open court, public’.
- To study forensics involves the application of knowledge to legal issues.
- Forensic science is concerned with using scientific methods either in public, in a court, or in the justice system as a whole. In fact, any science used for the purposes of the law is forensic science.
- The prime function of Forensic Scientists is to provide evidence to support criminal investigations.
- Drugs, violence, property crime: Hi-tech crime detection is all about the appliance of forensic science.
Now you can study this fascinating subject in your own time, at your own pace, from your own home, thanks to this excellent course.
- Computer Forensics
- Forensic Accountancy
- Forensic Archaeology and Anthropology
- Forensic Dentistry
- Forensic Entomology
- Forensic Graphology
- Forensic Pathology
- Blood Groups
- Body Fluids
- Forensic Ballistics & Ballistic Fingerprinting
- Hair and Fibres
- Criminal Profiling
- Establishing the crime scene
- Securing and protecting the scene
- Collecting and categorising the evidence.
- Forensic and medical photography
- Tyre tracks
- Toxic Gasses
- Trace evidence
- Hair and fibres
- Insects and flies
The Criminal Case
- Blunt force
- Defensive wounds
- Crime scene reconstruction
- Face reconstruction
- Expert witnesses
The Future of Forensics
- Low copy number DNA
- Lie detection
- Digital Forensics
- Water and Forensics
- Familial DNA
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd on behalf of UK Distance Learning & Publishing has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by UK Distance Learning & Publishing to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government. It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards also offers Ofqual regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
 Regulators for exams and assessments in England and Wales